Bayview Hunters Point Citizens Advisory Committee
BAYVIEW HUNTERS POINT CITIZENS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Replaces All Previous Notices
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of the following vacancy and term expirations (in bold), appointed by the Board of Supervisors:
Seat 1, Daniel Dodt, term expiring August 24, 2017, must be appointed by the District 10 Supervisor as a voting member, for a two-year term.
Seat 2, Daynas Corman, term expired, must be appointed by the District 10 Supervisor as a voting member, for the unexpired portion of a two-year term ending August 24, 2017.
Seat 3, Michael Hamman, term expired, must be appointed by the District 10 Supervisor as a voting member, for the unexpired portion of a two-year term ending August 24, 2017.
Vacant seat 4, new appointment, must be appointed by the District 10 Supervisor as a non-voting member who has professional expertise or training in disciplines such as architecture, land use, or urban planning that would be helpful in the performance of duties, for the unexpired portion of a two-year term ending August 24, 2017.
Additional Requirements for all Members: Committee members shall have the capacity for volunteerism and ability to commit a minimum of ten hours per week to the review of documents, meetings, planning sessions, and coordination with community members or City representatives.
Each member must have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience working with multiple City boards, commissions, or departments;
- An understanding of, or high level of interest in, the land use policies and requirements, zoning issues for Zone 2, and in the review of projects in that area; or
- Familiarity with architecture, engineering, construction, historic preservation, public art, transportation and city planning, community benefits, low-income housing development or land use in San Francisco or other urban areas.
Each member must also be one of the following:
- A resident of the Project Area;
- A person who owns a business with a fixed office or real property in the City;
- A representative of a neighborhood group in the Project Area; or
- A resident of San Francisco who has experience working on architecture, planning, or land use issues in San Francisco.
Prohibitions: An employee of the City and County of San Francisco may not be appointed as a voting member, but may be appointed as a non-voting member.
During his/her tenure, members may not:
- Receive income from, have any financial investments in, or be a party to any contracts with any person or entity who is seeking project approvals, or who receives a project approval from the City regarding a property within Zone 2 or Survey Area C (“project approvals” shall include conditional use authorizations, variances, certificates of appropriateness, and building permits); or
- Enter into, submit a bid for, negotiate for, or otherwise attempt to enter into, any contract with the City, or obtain a subcontract of any tier to a contract with the City for services, a real estate interest, or other benefits in Zone 2 or Survey Area C.
Sunset Date: The Committee shall serve for the duration of the Amended Redevelopment Plan for the Bayview Hunters Point Redevelopment Project, including any extensions of the Plan that the Board of Supervisors may approve.
Additional information relating to the Bayview Hunters Point Citizens Advisory Committee, or other seats on this body that are appointed by another authority, may be obtained by reviewing Administrative Code, Sections 5.71, at http://www.sfbos.org/sfmunicodes or by visiting their website at http://www.sfgov2.org/index.aspx?page=4304.
Interested persons may obtain an application from the Board of Supervisors website at http://www.sfbos.org/vacancy_application or from the Rules Committee Clerk, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco, CA 94102-4689. Completed applications should be submitted to the Clerk of the Board. All applicants must be residents of San Francisco, unless otherwise stated.
Next Steps: Applicant(s) who are appointed by the District 10 Supervisor and meet minimum qualifications will be contacted by the staff of the Bayview Hunters Point Citizens Advisory Committee once they are appointed.
Please Note: Depending upon the posting date, a vacancy may have already been filled. To determine if a vacancy for this Committee is still available or if you require additional information, please call the Rules Committee Clerk at (415) 554-7702.
Further Note: Additional seats on this body may be available through other appointing authorities.
Clerk of the Board
DATED/POSTED: March 31, 2017