San Francisco Youth Commission
Youth Justice Committee
Monday, January 9, 2006
City Hall – Room 345
There will be public comment on each item.
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Agenda Changes
- Staff Report
- Public Comment [This is chance for people to give their thoughts on youth issues, feed back to the Commission or any other comments. Each member of the public will be allotted the same
number of minutes to speak.]
- Discussion and possible action re: African American Community Police Relations Board (AACPRB) –Commissioner James and Commissioner Anjum will lead in giving an update on the past "Community Policing" meeting and Kevin (staff) will review full AACPRB plan with commissioners.
- Discussion and possible action re: Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council – Updates on JJCC focus group, description of coordinating council and contacting Chief Sifferman on youth advisory council.
- Discussion and possible action re: Setting up visits to Juvenile Justice groups – United Playaz, HOMEY, CRN, Recreation and Services Committee.
- Discussion and possible action re: Budget Advocacy: Gang intervention/violence prevention programs city funds and SFUSD through Proposition H funding.
- Discussion and possible action re: Committee on ending gun violence, presentation of police report.
- Discussion and possible action re: Charter Amendment – Supervisor Daly’s Office
- Discussion and possible action re: Next steps and strategies for the committee – Vote for Chair and/or chair structure as well as other responsibilities.
7. Items for next meeting's agenda
8. Next meeting date: