San Francisco Youth Commission
Youth Justice Committee
Monday, April 10, 2006
City Hall- Room 345
There will be public comment on each item.
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Agenda ChangesStaff Report
- Public Comment [This is chance for people to give their thoughts on youth issues, feed back to the Commission or any other comments. Each member of the public will be allotted the same
number of minutes to speak.]
- Discussion and possible action re: Supervisor Ma and Mayor’s Supplemental – Update and final next steps.Discussion and possible action re: JAC (Juvenile Advisory Council) – Setting up meeting with Chief Siffermann.
- Discussion and possible action re: 060394 Appropriating $660,000 to the Department of Children, Youth and Their Families to support the John Swett Alternative School in Department Fiscal Year 2005-06] Supervisors Mirkarimi, Daly
- Discussion and possible action re: 60418 Urging San Francisco law enforcement agencies to disregard criminal provisions of proposed federal immigration legislation should they become law.
- Discussion and possible action re: "Know your Rights Campaign" – a youth led effort to education students about their rights when arrested.
- Discussion and possible action re: Issues of racial and ethnic tensions in the schools.
- Discussion and possible action re: Youth Employment update/ Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center job fair/Dept. of Elections High School Poll worker Program – (Commissioner Revelo, Will Craven – Dept. of Elections)
7. Items for next meeting's agenda
8. Next meeting date