Request for Proposals: Legislative Management System
The City & County of San Francisco (CCSF, City) Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (COB, Department) desires to purchase a commercially available Legislative Management System. Qualified firms that have successful experience providing Legislative Management solutions and can meet the department and City’s requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
The department seeks a solution that will integrate seamlessly with our existing legislative process and data. This project also may require customized features such as additional workflow and document handling. The department further seeks a comprehensive solution that answers the day-to-day operational needs as well as mission critical business processes – including, but not limited to agenda management, legislative drafting and submission, and document management.
The vendor’s solution must be able to do the following:
- Install a reliable and stable legislative management system that handles all the tasks of the current system.
- Allow complete and seamless conversion of existing data from the current system.
- Generate meeting agendas from defined criteria and preserve formatting requirements.
- Generate meeting minutes from the agendas that are updated online during public meetings, and preserve formatting requirements.
- Improve fault tolerance and disaster recovery speeds.
- Enable better automated data transfer through APIs, XML, etc.
- Create a user-friendly, web-based or web-enabled system that provides a better mobile experience.
- Give consumers of the legislative information better tools to search and track items.
- Facilitate open and transparent City government operations.
- Generate a variety of reports relating to the status of legislative matters, Board member attendance and votes at various meetings, and pre-set and ad hoc queries.
- Successful support of the City Charter required “Legislation Introduced” report be produced shortly after each Board of Supervisors meeting. This is separate from, and in addition to, adding these items to the meeting minutes.
- A solution for legislation drafting and collaboration, including versioning and editing of legislative documents before introduction of the final version as a legislative item.
- Workflow management capability for handling documents before and after introduction.
- Ensure the ability to integrate the entire legislative history into a document repository. This project should interface with and allow the public to search through all documents, both historical and current.
- Provide a contract that includes a perpetual license to use the product, and any updates included.
- Provide a document repository, which may be delivered as part of this solution or as a part of an integration with a third-party product, either as part of this or a future project.
The purpose of the replacement is to move to a more technologically advanced platform and program, while retaining all existing functionality and providing additional applications. The system must be sufficiently flexible in functional and technical design to accommodate future technological changes and any re-engineering of the business environment.
Interested parties may download the RPF and attachments by clicking below.
- Legislative Management System RFP #BOS2017-01
- A1.Attachment I - Acknowledgement of RFP Terms and Conditions
- A2.Attachment II - Local Business Enterprise Forms
- A3.Attachment III - City’s Administrative Requirements
- A4.Attachment IV - City’s Agreement Terms & Conditions
- A5.Attachment V - Proposal Template
- A5.Attachment V - Proposal Template (Word Version)
- A6.Attachment VI - Functional & Technical Expectations
- A7.Attachment VII - Business Process Diagrams
- A8.Attachment VIII - Legislative Forms & Templates
- A9.Attachment IX - Legislative Process Handbook
- A10.Attachment X - Rules of Order – Board of Supervisors
- A11.Attachment XI - Special Handling Noticing Requirements
- A12.Attachment XII - Glossary