Former Supervisor Aaron Peskin
District 3Aaron Peskin
was sworn in to his second term as Supervisor for District 3 on January 8, 2005. Representing the heart of San Francisco – Chinatown, North Beach, Polk Gulch, Russian Hill, the Financial District and Fisherman's Wharf. On January 8, 2007, he was re-elected unanimously as the President of the Board of Supervisors by his colleagues.
Aaron has headed the Board's Budget and Finance Committee, and currently chairs the Government Audit & Oversight Committee, focusing on strengthening fiscal and ethical oversight in City government. Aaron is also closely involved in planning and land use issues in the City, and serves on the Board's Land Use & Economic Development Committee.
Aaron has drawn on his experience as a neighborhood activist to focus on preservation and planning issues. He organized park advocates to renovate and expand several spaces in District 3, including St. Mary's Square, the Helen Wills Playground and the North Beach Playground. Aaron has authored legislation easing the process for forming Community Benefit Districts like the successful Union Square Business Improvement District.
Aaron lives on the eastern slope of Telegraph Hill with his wife Nancy Shanahan.
- Elected November 2000 for term January 2001 to January 2005
- Elected November 2004 for term January 2005 to January 2009
- President of the Board, January 2001
Committee and Board Assignments:
- Board of Supervisors
- Budget and Finance Committee
- Budget Committee
- City Planning Audit Select Committee
- Finance and Audits Committee
- Finance and Labor Committee
- Finance Committee
- Government Audit and Oversight Committee
- Housing, Transportation and Land Use Committee
- Joint Budget and Finance/Land Use and Economic Development Committee
- Land Use and Economic Development Committee
- Land Use Committee
- Rules Committee
- Transportation Authority