Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer
My name is Sandra Lee Fewer. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to introduce myself to you as Supervisor for District 1.
I am a fourth generation Chinese American San Franciscan, and my husband, John Fewer, and I have lived in the Richmond for over 50 years. We raised our three children here, Sara, Colleen and Rory, and have deep roots in this neighborhood. The entire family has attended Richmond District public schools. It’s here that I served as PTA President for 12 terms, then continued to serve my neighborhood and City as a School Board Commissioner. My husband served for 35 years as a San Francisco police officer, retiring in 2012 at Richmond District Station. It is the only real home we have ever known, and we wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
Our family history is rooted in San Francisco. My great grandfather started the first Chinese produce business in San Francisco’s Chinatown. My husband’s father, Brian Fewer, founded Friends of the Urban Forest and San Francisco Beautiful. After graduating from Washington High School, I attended City College of San Francisco and proudly earned my AA Degree. I went on to receive my BA degree in Justice Administration and a Masters of Public Administration degree at Golden Gate University. READ MORE
District 1 Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer’'s internship program provides a unique opportunity to engage in the daily operations of the City and County of San Francisco. Elected to the Board in 2016, Supervisor Fewer represents the Richmond District in San Francisco.
Our office is dedicated to providing interns with a hands-on, substantive learning opportunity regarding the local government process. Applicants who are well-organized, able to take initiative, follow instructions, and communicate well with others are highly valued in the District 1 office. Women, people of color, immigrants, disabled individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, and district residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Daily office management, data entry, and constituent response (both online and in-person)
- Committee clerking and prep work for the various committees on which the Supervisor sits
- Work with a high level of responsiveness and timeliness
- Be well-versed in and track current events, policy initiatives, and local politics
- Staff a variety of policy meetings with City departments and community based organizations
- Perform outreach to neighborhood groups, community leaders, and constituents
- Represent the office at community meetings in the district, as well as citywide convening and events
- Commit to a regular schedule of no less than 15 hours per week (schedule to be determined)
- Please send a resume and cover letter to Chelsea Boilard (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Internship Application." Your cover letter should include: (1) the particular social, policy, and political issues that interest you (e.g., homelessness, Budget & Finance, Land use/housing, domestic violence, immigrant rights, etc.); (2) what you hope to accomplish during your tenure (e.g. Are you hoping to build city experience? ls this for school credit? Will staff be required to regularly evaluate your performance?); and (3) your available time commitment (e.g. Mon/Wed/Fri mornings, Tues/Thurs afternoons, etc.), and the length of time you are interested in interning for (one semester, etc.).
After processing your resume and cover letter, we will schedule a follow-up phone interview, which will allow the candidate an opportunity to ask staff questions, as we ll. Please make sure to review the Supervisor's information at www.sfbos.org/fewer and be prepared to confirm basic knowledge of Supervisor Fewer's background and policy agenda.
- Elected November 2016 for term January 2017 to January 2021
Committee and Board Assignments
- Member, Board of Supervisors
- Chair, Budget and FInance Committee
- Chair, Budget and Appropriations Committee
- Chair, Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo)
- Chair, San Francisco County Transportation Authority - Finance Committee
- Vice Chair, Joint City, School District and City College Select Committee
- Member, San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- Member, Treasure Island Mobility Management Agency
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244
San Francisco, Ca 94102-4689
(415) 554-7410 - voice
(415) 554-7415 - fax