Supervisor Matt Haney
is a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, representing District 6 (Tenderloin, Civic Center, Mid-Market, SOMA, Yerba Buena, Rincon Hill, South Beach, Mission Bay, Treasure Island).
Supervisor Haney is a past Commissioner and past President and Vice President of the San Francisco Board of Education. He was elected to the Board of Education in 2012, and re-elected in 2016. In 2016, Barack Obama endorsed Supervisor Haney’s successful re-election race for School Board making him the only local San Francisco elected official to ever receive that honor.
As President of the Board of Education, Haney was known for tackling some of the city’s biggest challenges with creative solutions. He led initiatives to build affordable housing for teachers and protect them from evictions, launch a new school in Mission Bay, secure housing and expand services for homeless students, and ensure all our kids have access to computer science and technology. He passed landmark policies to better support undocumented students, students with incarcerated parents, and unaccompanied minors. He is also the author of the transformative “Safe and Supportive Schools” policy to end unnecessary school suspensions and expulsions, and authored a policy to move past the broken student assignment system. READ MORE
- Elected November 06, 2018 for term January 08, 2019 to January 08, 2023
Board and Committee Assignments
- Member, Board of Supervisors
- Chair, Joint City, School District and City College Select Committee
- Member, Government Audit & Oversight Committee
- Member, Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo)
- Member, San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- Chair, Treasure Island Mobility Management Agency
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244
San Francisco, Ca 94102-4689
(415) 554-7970 - Voice
(415) 554-7974 - Fax